From this to this in eight short months!
Of course we had to take the official belly picture the night before you were born!
Here is a picture of you Macy girl the night you were born! All of those tubes and monitors attached to you were so sad to see, but we were so relieved that you were a healthy baby girl! I remember being so frustrated trying to hold you and feed you with all of those tubes attached. The day they took those off was a day of celebration! You were teeny, tiny, but believe it or not, you were big compared to the other babies in the NICU. You were in the NICU for about 7 hours and then you were put into the intermediate nursery because you were so strong and healthy!
This little picture is to remind me how sweet Daddy was to me while I was on bed rest at the hospital. He came everyday to see me and be with me and calm my nerves and distract me from worrying too much. Not Mommy's finest hour!
I love this picture of you in your isolete. You stayed in the hospital for 10 days after your birth and I would drive over the Dumbarton bridge and through Palo Alto every day to Stanford Hospital and hold you and feed you all day long. Every once in a while I would let you just rest and sleep, and stay warm in your bed, but you were so sweet and would look up at me and stare into my face all day long. Oooh you were so soft and warm and cuddly! We had lots of bonding time. Plus you had the cutest blankies in the whole hospital. (Thanks auntie Becky!)
Now here is the sad part...While you were in the hospital, Max, Allie and I got really bad colds, which means I couldn't go to the hospital anymore to be with you. So, Dad went to the hospital every day to be with you. He would bring you milk and hold you and take pictures of you to bring to me. Here are some of the pictures he took. Look how big your binkie is compared to your sweet little face! Being away from my new baby was one of the hardest times in my life! Especially after all the stress and scariness of you trying to come early!
We were taken care of in so many ways. This 4 week hospital stay was during the whole month of February. My young women in the Brookvale ward heart attacked our door for valentines day which made me so happy because the kids loved it! Holidays are a big deal to me and it meant a lot to have someone showing so much love to my kids when I was away from them. Max, your birthday was just 2 days after Macy was born, so Daddy threw you an impromptu birthday party (sweet daddy). Aunt Becky made this cool cake for you.
When I went into the hospital, Auntie Jenny and Abigail flew out to help us. Which, by the way, is when Abigail learned to walk ;) I don't know what we would have done without her.
When she left, Auntie Steph and Johnny came out to help and she took such good care of you guys and helped with grocery shopping and the house and taking you cute kids to McDonalds :) You LOVED it! Lets not forget all of our sweet, wonderful friends in Fremont that helped us through, bringing us dinner, visiting me in the hospital, taking the kids with them. It makes me miss them to think about them! They were incredible friends.
Wow! What a crazy, crazy time in our life! It is time for bed tonight, but we will finish more of this story tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment