Hi all! I wanted to let you all know how we are doing... EXHAUSTED! But good. Your prayers and thoughts helped make this miracle happen. Macy Marie was born on Sunday night and weighed 4 lb 15 oz. She stayed in the NICU for all of 6 hours and then they moved her to the intermediate intensive care nursery because she was doing so well, and still is.
She is eating and breathing on her own. She is in an isolette to regulate her body temperature. All of her tests for infection came back negative and her head scan looked good. It really is a miracle that she is doing so well.
I will try to post pics soon. Life around here is crazy busy. If I am not with Macy in the hospital I am sleeping on the hospital couch. When I am home, I am loving being with Max and Allie again. Alex has taken this week off of work and is spending lots of time with me and Macy, and taking care of the house and Max and Allie.
All of our friends and family here have been helping so much with Max and Allie and they are loving all of the play dates over the past few weeks. Here's a cute story that my sister told me (Becky flew out this week to help out and it was so great having her here for the birth). Alex's sisters Steph and Jen came out the weeks before that and helped a ton too.
So Allie was singing the song "I am A Child of God" and the words say, " I am a child of God, and he has sent me here. Has given me an earthly home, with parents kind and dear." Except she said, "with parents kind of here!" :( That is how much we have been gone over the past 3 weeks. But really, they are doing so well and never cry when we leave them. They love their aunties and friends.
Right now we are watching closely for jaundice, which she is slowly getting more of. That might keep her in the hospital a little longer, but if that is the worst that comes of all of this than we won't complain.
Love you all, sorry no pics, but she is one darling little peanut... kind of looks like Allie did :)
9 comments:
I laughed out loud. Sweet Allie! She is cute and I'm glad they are holding up so well it sounds like. :) I'm glad that there are so many people there to help out! And we're also glad that Macy is doing well- it's a huge relief I'm sure. So last night Preston was looking up tickets to see how much it would cost to fly over there to help you guys pack and move.. and if needed, drive a car to AZ :) Let us know if we can do anything! We love you guys!
Congratulations! Love the name and glad she's doing so well--that really is amazing.
And that is a great Allie story.
Congratulations! I had so much catching up to do on your blog. Having a baby early and moving to Arizona- life is sure full and busy for you guys. How exciting! I'm glad baby is doing well. Best of luck with everything!
Amy, so glad to hear you are doing well and that Macy is doing so well too! I can't imagine being in that same situation--thank goodness for all your family and friends that helped out.
Yeah and congrats to you and your family!! I am so happy to hear that you your sweet baby girl are doing great and things are going well! I also love the name and we will keep you all in our prayers! Congrats on your new home, that is awesome that you get to move back closer to family! I hope that it all goes well and that you get to bring home your new sweet baby and get into your new place soon:) xoxo jen
Congratulations!! I'm so glad you feel relief and get to have a beautiful baby to hold. Love the name...
Wow! I love the picture of Macy Marie on FB. You guys did well. I know the Lord is blessing you beyond imagination. Perhaps she needed to be born in CA because of "technology and advances in medicine" Who knows. I can't wait to see pics of the house and the fam. Stay healthy. Sleep lots. Take care and good luck.
Congrats! I'm so glad that everything has turned out so well. We're excited to see some pictures! Can't wait to hear about your new adventures in Arizona.
I keep checking for some new pics of your cute family! We miss you guys! Don't tell me you've been too busy! ;)
Post a Comment