Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A few of our favorite things... (so far this summer)

Lets start with the most recent, and then go back since it has been so long since I have posted!
Here is our new home in California. We are renting and really love our house.
***please note Max's attire in this picture...Yes! He is POTTY TRAINED! (That is part of the reason I haven't had time to update.) But it was all his idea and he has done so great! It was scary for me for the first few days because I don't think I was ready, but he sure was! Its so fun to have such a big boy!




Last week, Alex and I got a MINI VAN! I know, I thought I would never get a mini van, much less be excited, no let me say overjoyed to be driving one, but driving it around today has changed my life forever. My life running errands, and driving in the car with two young ones is actually, peacful, fun and enjoyable! We may be jumping the gun with only 2 kids and room to seat 8, but I am loving all the amenities, comforts, and easiness of the mini van. I love love love this car. For any of you holding back on getting one, do it!





Here are a few photos of the house:
The kitchen...




Max's room...
(with a "big boy bed" even though he wanted a cool race car one, I convinced him this is much cooler :) plus its easier for guests to sleep in when they come visit, hint, hint!)




Allie's room...
She is such a sweetie these days. She loves her own room and pretty decorations, she wakes up in the morning and just talks to herself and looks around.



Family room...


Back yard...
We spend most of our time out here. We are LOVING the weather! It is beautiful!


This is at the tide pools up by Half-Moon Bay... our favorite Sunday drive.



OK, I gotta get to bed, I'll post more tomorrow! (Hopefully!)

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your house is so cute! I'm glad to hear that the potty training was successful, that is the best. I can't wait until we can come visit you.
Love,
Joan

Jessica said...

oh yea! i'm so glad you updated. it was so fun talking last night -- i'm glad we're keeping this book club together :)

your house is so adorable. i love it! isn't it so nice to be able to have each kid in their own room? it makes bedtime a little bit easier.

Malya said...

Amy, your new home looks like a fairy tale! No REALLY. Compared to our 1 bdrm NYC apt- I will look at pics of your house for inspiration throughout this whole next year...:) We're so happy for your family. It must feel so good to be settled- and I bet the kids LOVE it. Minivans get a bad rap- but they change lives, don't they? So good to read about you!

Melissa said...

What a cute house. You are making California look so doable! I am so glad things are working out. Congrats on the minivan- I know I love mine that much too!

Anonymous said...

So much fun! What an adventure you guys are having. Cute house, cute kids, cute family!

Unknown said...

Congrats on the mini van, and especially the house. I love it (the pics of the inside AND the outside). When I think of houses in Cali I think of no space whatsover on all sides of the house. How nice to have a cute house AND live there. The kids look so happy in the front yard!

Skousen Family! said...

yeah for the new post! I have no room to talk I am not a good blogger!!! I love all the new pictures of your house it is so cute! Hey I want to get the words to the song you guys sang in Alaska I need to put it in my journal! you can email it to me at crazeeannie@hotmail.com

Michelle and Adam said...

Amy,
Your house is beautiful. I just love it. It looks so nice and clean. Way to go! Good job on the Potty Max!!! Preston and Kailee say "Hi".

We love you guys and can't wait for the next time we get together.

Talk to you lata...
Michelle and fam

Donelle said...

I am so excited for you guys. Looks like CA is treating you well so far.

Ty and Jacki Hanks said...

I love your house! Aer you making any plans to be back in AZ? I would love to get together with ya! CALL ME! :) Your a doll! :) Can you believe you are almost 29! Happy Early b-day! We went to Newport Beach last weekend I was flooded with thoughts of the time we went together! I LOVED IT!

kim said...

So glad you posted again! Your house is beautiful and it looks like you are having so much fun! I love those tidepools out there. :)

Anonymous said...

well, your pictures make me miss home. I mean this in a nice way...your home just looks like the typical california homes and your backyard pictures (when it popped up for me) I immediately thought, "It looks like the typical Ca backyards". Then I thought, I know how much that "typical" home costs. :-) Anyway, Half Moon Bay...I used to go there every weekend as a kid and then every Senior Cut Day. :-) That is where I learned to surf. Well, have fun on my stomping grounds and play hard. The house is absolutely adorable and I so wish I had a mini van right now and I never ever ever ever wanted one of those. NEVER. Now you have the van I want to get. Congrats. Great talking to ya at book club. see ya next month.

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

hey! I didnt know you had a blog!!! Cute kids!!!!!! I saw your dad when we were in Cali last month. My dad, husband and my little boy went fishing at his pier..it was fun!
Glad you are doing well!

Maren said...

Amy-

Hey how are you. where did you move to in California?

The Schureman Family said...

Hi Amy, how are you guys doing? Congrats on the new move and house(which is beautiful) and the new car!! You guys have been busy! I'm bummes we missed out on the trip to Alaska but I'm sure there's going to be more fun times I'm promising our family will not miss out on!!! Take care!
Love,
Kami

Corree said...

Yeah on the potty training & new car!!! I love your new house. What a beautiful backyard. Glad to see you guys are doing good & are settled. Are you coming to visit anytime soon?

Suzy Cummard said...

Your new home is so cute- inside & out.
So glad to hear about the success!!! YAHOO!!!

M. Wright said...

Amy,
I thought you weren't getting a minivan until you were pregnant with your third? :) Are you making an annoucement? :)
It was great talking with you the other day in book club, can't wait for next months! And I'm glad you are enjoying California, when winter comes I'm sure you'll appreciate the weather even more than you do now!

Melanie said...

Love the pictures of your house :)
We are so glad you guys are out here too.

Corree said...

Happy Birthday Amy!! I hope you have a GREAT day!!

Amy said...

well, i'll make comment 21...wow. amy, i love your red couches! love your rental home. it is beatiful. so happy for you that max is doing the potty full time. brayland insist on wearing a diaper still (3 yrs and 2.5 mths). yet he will occassionally by himself do #2 in the potty. we've been all over the playing field with his "training".

i hope life brings us back together some time to hang out again.

Amy said...

oh yes, i wanted to say ditto to all your thoughts of your van! i didn't think i would be excited either. love it.

Unknown said...

Amy, that was so fun to look at all those neat pictures. Your kids are getting so big!!! Time flies too quickly.

Patti said...

I love the yellow house! So cute.

Julia Deaver said...

love the house and the mini van! I also am hoping to get a nice mini van some day, it seems like such an easy way to drive the whole family around!