Here is a group photo of all of us starting the actual Al-can Highway in Dawson Creek, Canada. 1200 miles down, another 1500 to go! Please note the cute matching shirts my dad had made for us!
OK, so the kids did surprisingly well on the bus ride. You KNOW Max and Allie were in heaven playing with all of their cousins. They are still going through withdrawls and we have been home for 3 days!
Max is playing with one of his cousin's nintendo DS? I had never heard of them, now you know how uncool I am. However, Max is asking for one for Christmas. Ha! Yeah right! He also wants a pinball machine like Bradley and Jack's. Thanks Melissa and J.D.:) He misses his Provo friends so much! So do we!
Below is a picture of Lake Louise, one of the beautiful spots we stopped to see.
One of the best parts of the trip was all the wildlife we saw on the highway. This is a mamma bear and 3 cubs we saw while we were driving on the bus. We saw 7 bears, lots of porcupines, moose, big horn sheep, buffalo, caribou, bald eagles, elk, deer, sea otters, beavers...it was so cool!
This is the Alaska Pipeline
This is Exit Glacier. We all hiked in the snow for what seemed like forever with kids on our shoulders. Whew what a work out! It was worth the pain because the glacier was really amazing!
OK, The BEST part of the trip was being with the whole family. Isn't my dad cute? He is so sweet. I love every minute that I spend with him. He always makes family vacations fun.
The rest of the family has more great pictures that I will have to add later. In summary, it was an amazing trip. We took a gondola ride in Banff, we loved the Liard hot springs, halibut fishing in Homer, good food everywhere, tons of halibut fish and chips, yummy clam chowder, reindeer hotdogs (eww)... A trip like this took a lot of planning and organizing and work all along the way. My dad and Dan, and Steve and Travis put a lot of work into this trip and made it so fun for everyone. They made all these fun memories possible! Thanks again!
9 comments:
ALASKA looks like sooo much FUN!!!! I want to go there so bad! What a great way to end the summer!
Fun Times!!!! I am so glad that we got to spend that time with your family, it has been way too long. We will have to come visit you at your new place soon! Griff has asked daily since we have returned home when he can have Max over to play.
I LOVE the family pictures with the Y on the mountain!! And WOW--you were close to those bears!!
The family pictures in Utah are great. You guys are so cute! What a cool family vacation. It sounded really great and memorable. I'm looking forward to hearing all about life in Cali.
We miss you guys and think about you all of the time.
Love,
Joan
Very cute family pics-- Melissa did some for us too and I love them! What a cool family reunion- looks like a lot of fun.
It was a fun TRIP! One I will NEVER FORGET that is for sure. I am so glad we got to spend the day together with the kids!! I am glad for the many hours we all got to spend together! I hope you are enjoying CALI! I want to come visit soon! love ya
SOO FUN! I loved your family trip! Along with your family pictures! I haven't seen your dad forever..I just love him! He is so fun! I loved all the fun trip we went on together! I bet on the bus ride you wished you had brought ear plugs!!!! TOO CUTE! I cannot wait until the next post!! Life in CA!!!
Love ya!
WOW! That is a road trip! Glad you guys had so much fun :)
Amy- I just found your blog and am so sad that you left Utah. I live in West Jordan. It would have been fun to get together! GOOD luck on all of your new adventures.
We went to Alaska 2 summers ago for a family reunion too. It is so beautiful there.
Post a Comment