Saturday, May 3, 2008

Graduation!

alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5196361428131675666" />
(pay no attention to the mysterious line of words I have mistakenly added and don't know how to remove)

He did it! Alex graduated last Thursday with his MBA. I am so proud of him I don't have the words to express the way I feel. He has worked so hard these past two years and while completing his degree, he has managed to become an even better husband, father, and leader. I thought I loved him 9 years ago, but this man continues to sweep me off my feet! Did I mention I am so proud of him?




Here is Max looking for daddy in the Marriott Center. He did so great during the graduation. (Thanks to Jenny and uncle Brad) He was so excited for dad's graduation party that we had up in Provo Canyon after the ceremony. It meant so much to have all of our family there.



These past 2 years have been an adventure. Allie was born during his first semester of MBA school, that was a crazy time for all. Now she is 18 months old! During Alex's 2nd year he took a field trip to Europe that he will never forget. We will miss the BYU football games, BYU bowling, Creamery ice cream, deer in our backyard, BYU devotionals, Matthew and Kathryn (cousins that live downstairs) and all the wonderful friends we have made. That is partially why it has taken me so long to write this blog. I think I am in denial that we have to leave them soon and say good bye! Alas, I thought I should face reality and share the good news that we are done with school! Now off for a couple fun vacations, and then back to work (in San Jose!)



This is a picture of our friends Mike and Melanie who are moving to San Jose with us! We are so excited to be there together. Max and Allie love playing with their kids Tyler and McKenzie.


We are so excited to go on our "graduation vacation" cruise to Cabo San Lucas this weekend. Thanks Brad and Teresa for watching the kids! We have never done a cruise before, so if you have any advice we'd love to hear it. I am looking forward to naps and sleeping in and reading a good book. Any suggestions on a good book? Oh, and of course the FOOD!

12 comments:

luke & misty meldrum family said...

Congrates!!! Enjoy yourselves with no kids on your cruise!!! Wow, I swear you just moved to Utah-time flies!! I am so happy for you guys!! Safe travels! Mist

Corree said...

Congratulations Alex!! I can't believe it has already been TWO years, it seems like just yesterday that you guys left us. I'm sorry that I didn't get a chance to see the kids & Alex, luckily we will see you all in a couple of weeks. Have fun in Cabo! Talk with you soon.

Unknown said...

Congratulations Alex! (And you too Amy for going through it all with him). I love the picture of your little family all dressed up with Alex in his cap & gown. I'm serious, Amy - you look like a model. I love your hair! Have lots of fun on your cruise and good luck with the move!

Donelle said...

Congrats and I am so excited for your family...I know how hard it has been as we are now in the same boat...only we are just beginning. Hopefully you can eventually make it back to AZ!

Unknown said...

That is sooooo awesome. What a great accomplishment. I am sad you are leaving to San Jose, but proud of your hard work. Hopefully we will see you back here in good old arizona someday!!

Stacy said...

Congratulation guys! Sounds like you are at a very exciting time in your life. New job, new city, new adventures, right? Hve fun on your cruise...I'm very jealous! If you have time before the big move, let me know and maybe we could get together!

Ty and Jacki Hanks said...

Congrats on your graduation! I cannot wait to hear about all your fun new adevtures to come! What FUN! CUTE PICTURES!!!

Anonymous said...

Hooray! Congratulations to both of you guys. I hope you have relaxing time on your cruise. Your family is so cute. Do you remember what happended last time you guys went to Mexico? I do. Hope no one gets sick, but maybe there will be some exciting news when you get back.(nudge, nudge, wink, wink.)
Love you guys!

Skousen Family! said...

WOW time flies when you are having FUN!
Congrats Alex that is awesome you are done with school!
I Love your family picture you guys all look so cute!
Amy you look just like your mom!!! I told Mark that the other night when we were looking at your blog!


I cant wait to see you guys in a couple weeks it should be FUN!!! Prego and 17month old on a bus to Alaska =MURDER
I cant wait to all be together!

Miss Fergie said...

That's so great Amy! And yes advice for the cruise is to bring dramamine. When we went it was so winding that everyone got seasick! But the food is soo great. Expect to gain at least five pounds from the midnight buffets!

Ty and Jacki Hanks said...

Surely you are back from your trip...we need some pictures! We want to hear about all the fun and the adventures you had! :)

Julia Deaver said...

Cute Pictures! So glad we are done!