Sunday, March 30, 2008

Random Post of Everything

This is just another example of how our Easter turned out. They were going to be cute cupcakes for our friends. Why can't I make a simple CUPCAKE! Can anyone tell me what I did wrong? (Notice the ones in the back with wrappers turned out fine.) I am stumped!

Here is our belated Easter post. It was kind of a sorry Easter this year. We were recovering from colds and flus, our egg hunt on Saturday was in the dark and cold, and lets just say Sunday everyone was cranky and so we are happy its done. Oh well, you win some, you lose some. Easter will come again next year! Really the kids didn't know any different. I was hoping that by separating the Easter bunny on Saturday and Jesus on Sunday that we could have 2 great days. Instead both were a flop! :) hee hee!


This one is for you, Dad! Here is our geode hunting trip... you can see the 2 big geodes Alex found (at least we hope they are geodes, he have yet to cut them open and see the insides). You know Max was L O V E loving the treasure hunt in the dirt!

1 comment:

Julia Deaver said...

The cupcakes look like the perfect example of the oven temperature messing up. It looks like the temperature was too high because they rose so quickly and then some of them rose slower meaning that there is a hotter spot in the oven and also you may have not put them in the center rack? I would recommend getting an oven thermometer. Then you know what the real temperature is in the oven. Hope that helps.
A rule of thumb for my baking, I always add about 1/4 or more oil or butter than called for in the recipe and also reduce the cooking temperature about 15-25 degrees. They cook a little longer but come out even and MOIST! You will know it is done when a tooth pick comes out clean.